Monday 30 October 2017

Ghost Archipelago: The Floating Hulk

For everyone who has picked up a copy of Ghost Archipelago (thanks!), but hasn’t had a chance to try it out yet, you might consider picking up the new issue of Wargames Illustrated

The new issues contains ‘The Floating Hulk,’ a solo scenario I wrote for Ghost Archipelago in which the Heritor and crew investigate a demasted ship floating just outside of the islands.

Ironically, this scenario marks the first that I’ve written that actually involves a ship, or at least what is left of one. I really enjoyed working on this scenario, and I find it an interesting one from a design point of view. I tried to set it up, so that, if everything goes exactly right, the scenario is relatively easy, but as soon as something goes wrong there is a cascading effect.

I’d love to hear from anyone who has played the scenario and hear how they got on!

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like a must have, thanks for bringing it to my attention, much appreciated :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read it a couple of days ago, looks really interesting
    I can see that little adventure go downhill very easily. Will try it, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have plans for combining this game with Congo. A small adventuring party exploring ancient cyclopian ruins in the Jungle. What could possibly go wrong?

    ReplyDelete